Hello Bay Farm,
Governor Charlie Baker announced today that Massachusetts public and private schools are to remain closed for the duration of the current school year. We recognize that this mandate puts all parents in the challenging position of balancing professional responsibilities, with being a parent, and a facilitator for your student's learning. Here at Bay Farm community is a central foundation of our school. During this unprecedented challenge, we have been forced to expand our understanding of what it means to remain an active community while having to be apart. While we were able to pivot quickly and with great energy and compassion in a distance learning environment, we are missing our students and our families' presence on campus greatly. We want to assure you that the entire Bay Farm staff remains committed to supporting our families through the next six weeks.
There will be much more information coming in the next few days. In the meantime, here is some important information:
- During this week, we are actively working on updates and improvements to the Bay Farm at Home program based on feedback we received through surveys and conversations with parents.
- Our last day of school will be June 3rd. You can be assured that our teachers will remain dedicated to your students throughout our distance learning.
- The first day of Summer Programming will be determined with input from state agencies. We will begin as soon as possible, adhering to all health and safety regulations.
- We will be extending our summer program offerings to include more academic programs. (details to come).
- We are planning for a safe return for everyone in the fall
- Health and safety procedures that exceed CDC regulations.
- Reliable Bay Farm at Home program supported by increased technology.
We will be providing parents with much more information in the coming days. In the meantime, if you have any questions or concerns, please contact me. This crisis shines a spotlight on the strengths of communities like ours. Bay Farm remains focused on our community and our mission to educate our students with joy, purpose, and compassion. I promise you that we will do everything in our power to ensure the future well-being of Bay Farm and the remarkable teachers, staff, families, and students who are our heart and soul.